Took one of those online psyche test the other day that said I was 51% Republican and 49% Democrat. Seems about right. I have always seen myself as a centrist.
I still believe in common sense. I tend to see both sides of an issue. There are certain things that I will always resist.
I will Resist the following:
Lies (aka alt-facts)
Misogyny (hatred and mistreatment of women)
Homophobia (fear and hatred of someone who is not heterosexual)
Xenophobia (intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries)
Racism (fear or irrational dislike of those from another culture. There is only one race, The Human Race)
Mistreatment of the sick, handicapped, children and aged
The use of torture
Incitement of violence whether it be from the left or the right
Misuse of natural resources by individuals, business or governments
Nepotism in government
Actions that go against the Constitution of the United States
Unethical Behavior by acquaintances and those who govern
Robbing from the rich to give to the poor
The mistreatment of the poor and/or ignorant
This post is negative, but look, I know we are all getting tired of the division and polarization that has been going on in the World. I say the world because it’s not just happening in the United States. I just happen to live here.
Extremism of any kind never solves anything. Unless we ALL reach across the aisle and grab each others’ hands, we’re all going to go down; and go down hard.
Here we are 4 months since my last post. And here are some bullet points on the current state-of-affairs:
- We are still being besieged by the 45th.
- Our Justice department is thwarting many of his un-democratic efforts in being a dictator.
- He has succeeded in totally embarrassing us in his overseas trip.
- Theresa May is not doing so well with her “Brexit”.
- Putin failed in his efforts to put Le Pen in office and we have the very wonderful Macron.
- Germany can no longer rely on us.
- The WH is mulling over leaving the Climate Accord.
- North Korea wants to hit us with a missile
- The GOP is sticking it to everyone that isn’t a billionaire and even some billionaires have the good sense to be embarrassed.
- Democrats and Republicans continue to be more and more polarized.
- Robert Bigelow did an interview with 60 Minutes, in which he touted the strengths of the commercial space industry and how private companies would pave the way for people to live in space. He also said aliens have definitely visited Earth. ( I hope they are still here and can help)
- On the other hand, the current political environment has caused more people to actually *get involved in politics, *speak up, *march, *confront their so-called leaders and, as Rhett Butler put it, “give a damn”.
- I’m writing my congress people;
- I’m visiting my kids from time to time;
- selling and advocating essential oils,;
- practicing Reiki healing
- practicing Meditation and morning yoga
- helping people with their dogs;
- painting my safari;
- and limiting my time watching the ever-present bad news online and on the networks.
We will survive this imbalance.
~ Mary Cacciapaglia
I engaged with a young woman on Twitter today who was very fearful. She believed that there is a “White Race”. From a scientific viewpoint, this is not true nor is it factual. The “Alt Right” is perpetrating this falsehood scaring people that there is some sort of “genocide” of the “white race” going on. We are all on this planet together no matter what our culture, religion or skin color. If we continue to kill ourselves over this lie, there will be no one left to go to Space.
I don’t want to go back to the 12th Century or to the 19th Century.
The Future is the only direction.
“Race is a social concept, not a scientific one. There are no bright lines (that would stand out). If we could compare all the sequenced genomes of everyone on the planet, when we try to apply science o try to sort out these social differences, it all falls Apart.” ~ Craig Ventor – one of the first to sequence the human genome
There is Only One Race
The Human Race
For More on this subject:
Einstein on Racism
Good Article on how to Stop being Biased