I was very happy to see that I GLOBALLY was not alone in my sentiments. I started a Women’s group on Facebook to continue to support Women’s Rights here in Ventura (think globally, act locally). I am not going quietly just sit down. I have daughters and granddaughters. We have to keep up the Resistence to Tyranny.
It’s probably not surprising to anyone that I will not be watching any of the events in DC this weekend. Not the good, not the bad, not even the ugly.
From the entertainment line-up, I cannot imagine a more boring waste of time.
Just started watching The Young Pope on HBO this week; what a timely show. The main character (the pope) reminds me of our incoming president in many ways except in intelligence. The young pope would win in that arena.
I will continue to monitor the news during the week. I must remember the saying, “think globally and act locally”.
Our pilot at the Studio is coming along very nicely. We are having our last big shoot on Saturday, the “Support Group” scene. It will be very interesting — A great group of talent.
I am renewing my interest in wellness and joined Doterra as a wellness advocate. It’s going to be smelling very good around both the condo and the Studio. As President Obama said, “we’re going to be okay.”
For 6 months now I wake up daily to a new circus act. Yesterday I read how they want to get rid of ethical oversight in Congress and even our 4th grade-literate president-elect thought it was a bad idea. Then they had asked Rebecca Ferguson to sing at the inauguration and her condition was to be able to sing “Strange Fruit”. Wow. I haven’t looked at the news for today. I can only hope that they don’t try to top yesterday.
It is going to rain here in Ventura California and I’m sitting here in my cozy little condo. My 12-inch Dobsonian telescope is being delivered today. Don’t you just love it. Who knew ordering a telescope could help with the drought. Seriously, I’m very excited and looking forward to many star parties this year.
A lot of water has gone under the bridge since my last post. We have a whole new reality. Watching a video from John Lennon helped me remember that things don’t change much. Hard to believ that we are all the same species at times however, we do need to have compassion for those whose chose not to touch the Monolith. Love and Peace are the most important things in the Universe. Christ and many other prophets have stated this. How often we forget.
I wish you love and peace throughout this Season and 2017. Merry Christmas and Happy Hanakkah.
Can the Electors really protect the United States?
If only 37 Electors change their vote, Donald Trump WILL NOT be President of the United States.
At this point I really don’t care which qualified statesman takes the office as long as s/he is a qualified statesman.
“The office of President will never fall to the lot of any man who is not in an eminent degree endowed with the requisite qualifications” — Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers : No. 68
Opinion Time: If they do not save us, we are doomed to 4 years of greed, hate and possibly WWIII.
I don’t think this needs explanation but this is how one “unfollows” someone on Facebook in order to not have your “friend’s” stuff on your newsfeed.
(if you want to “unfriend” them, click on the friend one)
- I am not a liberal, conservative or a centrist. I reject being labeled and choose critical thinking. I will not let others think for me. (Definition: I either accept, reject or choose to think more about the subject)
- I am not here just to entertain you. I am a thinking artist.
- I despise misogyny. If you think of me as “the other” you do not exist to me.
- It is important to take care of all the children, our disabled and our elderly.
- Both Women and Men have the right to what is done to their body. That includes the right to an abortion and the right to die with dignity.
- I believe and know that a person should be able to choose whom they love and/or marry. This is not even debatable to me.
- I believe and know that a person should be able to choose what religion or lack of religion they want to follow as long as it does not impede on another person’s right to practice their chosen religion or lack of religion.
- Human Beings are the stewards of this planet. We are responsible for it’s health and wellbeing. Destroy it and you destroy us.
- I honor The Constitution of the United States, its Amendments and its judicial interpretations.
- I think that all public restrooms should give privacy and we should do away with public urinals.
- A living wage is a Human Right.
- Healthcare is a Human Right.
- Parental/Family leave is a Human Right.
- War makes the rich richer.
- Diplomacy is important. We are all connected as a species. Many tribes but one people.
- Artist should be honored while they are alive and the best considered “National Treasures”
- Through the exploration and colonization of Space we ensure the survival of our species. Science Fiction is a foundation of Science Fact.
- Faith and Science are not exclusive of the other.
- Opinions not based on facts are opinions not facts.
- The Best and the Brightest do not run for political office. They serve in boardrooms. They build electric cars. They build spaceships. They run planetariums. They teach. They adjudicate. They build desalinization plants. They don’t spend their time mediating BS.